Daniel Greene, MA, NIC Master
Excellent visual language interpreter and interpreter trainer with twenty-three years’ experience, advanced education, and knowledge of a broad range of subjects and vocabularies. Praised by clients for clear signing and speaking skills.
ASL–English Interpreter, self-employed, 1990–Present
Interpreted and transliterated in the following settings: post-secondary, medical, business, conference, vocational training, social services, k-12, performing arts, and religious.
Interpreter Trainer, 2005–Present
Teaching interpreting classes since 2005 and presenting interpreting workshops locally, statewide, regionally, and nationwide since 2008. Specializing in innovative and lesser-known topics such as genre recognition, vague language, phonology & orthography, oral transliteration, and vocal technique.
- Interpreter for the Deaf, Phoenix College; Phoenix, AZ — 2005–Present
- Video Interpreter / Trainer, Purple Communications; Phoenix, AZ — 2007–2011
- Video Interpreter / Mentor, Sorenson Video Relay Service; Phoenix, AZ — 2004–2007
Theatrical Interpreter, Actor and Consultant; California and Arizona — 1990–Present
Interpreted for stage productions at several venues including Sea World, La Jolla Playhouse, and San Diego Junior Theatre. Translated scripts into ASL, and taught hearing actors how to sign their lines. Interpreted and acted in ASL on camera and on stage for shows including Community View, broadcast in Arizona and on the Web. Interpreted for the Southwest Shakespeare Company at the Mesa Arts Center.
Interpreter for Deaf, San Diego Community College District, CA — 1990–1994
Interpreted/transliterated courses of virtually every subject at all campuses. Also interpreted for staff, faculty and student conferences and special events.
Arizona Professional American Sign Language Interpreter General License # DG07061177
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf — National Interpreter Certificate, Master, 2011
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf — Certificate of Transliteration, 1999
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf — Certificate of Interpretation, September 1998
- Western Oregon University, Monmouth, OR — M.A. in Interpreting Studies
- National University, San Diego, CA — B.A. English, 2003 summa cum laude
- Mesa College, San Diego, CA — A.A. ASL Interpreting, 1993 with high honors
Served as secretary, bylaws chair, membership chair, newsletter editor, webmaster, and volunteer interpreter.
Testimonials available at danielgreene.com/interpreting/testimonials/