Daniel Greene, MA, NIC MasterInterpreter and educator with a wealth of experience and knowledge– Call 623-252-5171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf — National Interpreter Certificate, Master, 2011
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf — Certificate of Transliteration, 1999
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf — Certificate of Interpretation, September 1998
- National Association of the Deaf — Certificate of Competence Level IV Advanced, May 1991
- Western Oregon University, Monmouth, OR
- Master of Arts (MA), Interpreting Studies with an emphasis in Teaching Interpreting, March 2013. GPA 3.86/4.0
Thesis “Keeping it vague: A study of vague language in an American Sign Language corpus and implications for interpreting between American Sign Language and English.”
- National University, San Diego, CA
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) English with a concentration in Communications/Media Study, June 2003. GPA 3.90/4.0
- Mesa College, San Diego, CA
- Associate of Arts (AA) ASL/Interpreting, June 1993. GPA 3.83/4.0
- ASL/English Interpreter, Freelance — 1990–Present
- Interpreting and transliterating in the following settings: post-secondary, medical, business, conference, social services, K–12, performing arts, and religious.
- ASL/English Interpreter Trainer, Freelance 2005–Present
- Presenting interpreting workshops nationwide. Specializing in genre recognition, vague language, oral transliteration, vocal technique, and demand control schema. Also mentoring interpreters and teaching ASL and interpreting in post-secondary institutions.
- Interpreter for the Deaf, Phoenix College; Phoenix, AZ — 2005–Present
- Interpreting for students and faculty in classrooms, meetings, and special events.
- Video Interpreter / Trainer, Purple Communications; Phoenix, AZ — 2007–2011
- Interpreted VRS and VRI calls; trained new recruits and retrained all VIs in VRS protocols.
- Video Interpreter / Mentor, Sorenson Video Relay Service; Phoenix, AZ — 2004–2007
- Interpreted VRS and VRI calls; selected and mentored interpreters into the Video Interpreter-Provisional (VI-P) program.
- Interpreter for Deaf, San Diego Community College District; San Diego, CA — 1990–1994
- Interpreted/transliterated courses of virtually every subject at all campuses. Also interpreted for staff, faculty and student conferences and special events.
Have served as secretary, bylaws chair, membership chair, newsletter editor, webmaster, volunteer interpreter, mentor, and case supervision leader.
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
- Arizona Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
- Conference of Interpreter Trainers
- American Council on The Teaching of Foreign Languages
Testimonials available at danielgreene.com/interpreting/testimonials/
Arizona Professional American Sign Language Interpreter General License # DG07061177