I’m making three dozen of these tonight with this recipe:
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups uncooked regular oats (I used cracked, toasted Coach’s Oats)
- 1 12-oz package Nestle’s Toll House semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, stirring well. Add oats; stir well.
- Add dry mixture to butter mixture and stir until well blended. Gently stir in chocolate morsels and pecan pieces.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons 2″ apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper (I used wax paper on two of the baking sheets and nothing on a non-stick baking sheet, and it worked fine.)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until peaks of golden brown appear on top.
- Cool on pan 5 minutes or until firm
- Cool further to desired temperature on wire racks.
(I took this photo in April, but I’m making more of them tonight!)